Wednesday, August 13, 2014

This is it. Giving that shit up.

Right. Monday was not day 1. Went to my Dads house for dinner, got really sad, they gave me wine, got more wine on the way home. Tuesday I co-hosted a wine tasting at my work so.... you can imagine how that went. I didn't drink much at all but still drank. Last night, got sad, drank wine. You see a pattern here.

Over the last few days I've been getting chronic stomach aches that are really nasty and horrible. I finally talked to my Mum about it and she suggested I probably have a stomach acid imbalance so I did some googling and low and behold ALCOHOL is a huge factor (as well as stress and coffee, two other things that are close to my heart).

Obviously it's not a shock that wine is acidic - I'm well aware of that. But the fact that wine could be causing me physical pain at such a young age has really disgusted me. Not only is it basically poisoning my body when I drink it, it's now also causing me horrible pain. So that's it. I'm getting that shit out of my life and restoring my body to its natural state. I owe it to myself to make my body the best, happy place that I can...and wine is poisoning me.

Im off to do some Yoga now because I'm feeling really angry at myself. I've been thinking about a bus driver I met last week. Everyone was sluggishly dragging themselves on the bus, immersed in their phones and looking generally disheartened. Every time someone walked on the bus the driver asked them how they were doing today, usually met with "yeah alright" as they walked past him. Every time someone stopped the bus to get off he would say to them, down the bus "Have a safe and happy day, smile lots and I hope to see you again!". Young people on the bus were giggling and pointing at him, and most just ignored. It struck me, as I sat watching this, how incredibly sad it is that we live in a world where being kind and happy to strangers is seen as 'weird'. I aspire to be as happy and carefree as that bus driver.

So, have a safe and happy day, smile lots, and I hope to talk to you all soon.

B xxxx

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration to your peers and to the sober world. You are wise beyond your years and so very fortunate to have come to your senses before any real damage is done. Keep blogging.. I'm rooting for you. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deb, Ive been reading your blogs for a few months now! Its wonderful people like you that inspire me :)

      B xx

      Delete