Monday, July 21, 2014

Little slip up

So it was my night off from work and I was cooking a really nice meal and I decided that I wanted a nice glass of wine to go with it. I was busy cooking and actually forgot to open the wine (which NEVER happens) for quite a while so in the end, I had two glasses and my partner had one and then we watched tv and went to bed. So I'm not really sure whether I'm thinking of that as a complete failure because, while I did break my promise and decide to get wine, it wasn't in an emotional fit and I didnt race home and inhale it. Weirdly enough I actually felt kind of half-half about it. It went really well with the food but I didnt really feel like having anything after that.....which is really odd for me.

B xxx

3 comments:

  1. Your mind is a tricky thing. It will try to convince you of one thing, while underneath you know another.
    Bring able to moderate sometimes is not a sigh you don't have a problem, just like getting drunk once doesn't mean you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comment from Anne…when you first take the alcohol away your brain will have all manner of little 'drink wine now' thoughts.. some casual… some more like hissy-fits.. the trick is in resisting them for long enough so that they stop. Having said that.. you only have to stop drinking alcohol if you want to stop drinking alcohol.. so it's totally up to you.. just be aware that there is that 'other' you inside of your head which as Anne says will try to convince you of one thing, while underneath you know another. Only you know what is underneath.. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just get a bit confused because, honestly, if someone said to me "would you like hypnotherapy to make you hate alcohol and never drink again" I would probably say yes. Mostly for vain reasons like weight control but also because of money, clarity of mind etc. But trying to do it yourself just seems like such a huge amount of effort (especially at my age) that I just wonder why I dont give up. I dont know. Feeling very lost today :(
      B
      xxx

      Delete